Wednesday, October 11, 2006

COMM 106: Writing for the Web Blog

This is the central blog port for students of the Commmunications 106 Writing for the Web class. All students participating in this class will be the proud owner of a blog that looks similar to this one. This will give you the chance to practice and publish your Web writing and design skills that we talked about this quarter.

Per instructions on the class bulletin board, please sign in and leave a short message that you've visited. You can leave a message by clicking on the comments text link at the bottom of this window. You'll be prompted to create a message, enter a line of scrambled text, and sign your message either under anonymous (remember to include your first name in the comment box so I can identify you) or under your new Google Blogger account, if you've completed that step.

Once you've successfully completed sending your comment on this blog site, leave a message at Jonathan Foster's blog, in response to material he has posted there (don't be shy, he's expecting you). In the next couple of weeks, I'll be visiting your new blog sites, as well... Meanwhile, welcome to the Blogosphere!

- Bruce Wolcott

13 comments:

Bruce Wolcott said...

This is the first test posting to the Comm 106 Blog.

Anonymous said...

Checking in...

Korry

Anonymous said...

This is going to be exciting!

Sharon P.

Anonymous said...

Considering my travels, this may be fun.

Catherine Lundell

Anonymous said...

This is fun learning about all of these new possibilities online, well, new to me.

Anonymous said...

Wowee!

I am thrilled that I will have a blog. What a great class.

Sharon Berg

Deslie said...

I am a little nervous about this, as I onder if I have anything worthwhile to share with others. . .

Anonymous said...

Rory S. checking in

Anonymous said...

I came, I saw, and, I ... ok, well I didn't conquer, but I'm not exactly leaving vanquished either!

John Reed

Keith said...

At my work we've been having a serious problem with spam. I think one of the issues is that on the website they often post their email addresses for job postings, etc. I think I may want to implement a comment form like this with the word verification that will email the message so that they do not have to include their email address directly on the website.

-Keith Kemp

Keith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

After I set up my blog, I received some sort of message for Google Mail. I blew it off -- assuming that it was to initiate another mail account, however, is it something I need for my COMM 106 blog?

Thanks,

-- Laury Kenton

Bruce Wolcott said...

Laury,

Signing up for Google mail (which I've found to be very useful) is a good starting off point to discovering a growing variety of free google services such as Blogger, a calendar, online Word processor for team correspondence, Excel-compatible spread sheet, etc.
In the second part of the Create-A-Blog tutorial, I show you how to set up a Google account, as well.

- bw